Our Hamilton Painting Company’s Painting Process
For any painting project, preparation certainly helps to make the job easier and with the least amount of disruption to your household. With 84 years of experience, the Hamilton house painters of Custom Decorating Services also know that preparing for your painting service helps ensure that you get the results you want. We take pride in making the job as seamless and worry-free as possible. Keep reading to learn what to expect on the day that our painters come to your home.
Our Hamilton painters are ready to assist you any way we can. Request a quote today or simply give us a call to set up your free consultation.
What You Should Do Before Your Painter Arrives
As exerts in residential painting for Hamilton, Ancaster and surrounding areas, we offer a few tips for a trouble-free experience. As our client, you should:
- Choose your paint colours. We would be happy to provide you with a Colour Deck. If you need assistance making your colour choices, we will provide a certified colour consultant as a part of our service at no extra cost.
- Ensure you have arranged for our crew to gain access to your home if you will not be there when we arrive. Our customers routinely leave house keys and alarm codes with us, and we ensure your home is locked and secured when we leave for the day.
What to Expect on the Day of Your Paint Job
Our Hamilton and Ancaster area painters guarantee your project will be done professionally, leaving your home entirely transformed and every detail complete. Our crew will:
- Dress in our Custom Decorating uniform of company t-shirt and white painters’ paints.
- Remove their shoes while inside your home.
- Place clean drop sheets on floor surfaces where work is to be done
- Remove artwork, mirrors, etc. from walls and store them away from the area to be painted. If they are going back where they came from, we will make sure the nails stay in place. If not, we will remove the nails and patch the holes.
- Remove all electrical cover plates in the area to be painted.
- Place furniture in the middle of the room and cover with drop sheets to protect from any sanding dust and paint drips.
- Keep the work area tidy and clear of garbage throughout the day.
- If the job takes more than one day, all garbage will be removed from the home, drop sheets will be folded and put away, and furniture returned to its proper position, providing the painted surfaces are dry enough.
- At the end of the project, all artwork, electrical cover plates, etc. will be reinstalled. All furniture will be returned to its original position. All garbage and debris will be removed from the home. All surfaces will be cleaned of dust, etc.
If you have questions before, during or after your painting project, our Hamilton painters are here to answer them. Feel free to call us at any time.